A ‘person conducting a business or undertaking’ (PCBU) has the primary duty of care to ensure the health and safety of workers while they are at work. A PCBU is responsible for ensuring work carried out does not carry risk to the health and safety of others. Demonstrating your employees and / or contractors have the correct competencies and / or inductions is essential to ensure you are operating in a compliant manner.
Monitoring employee and contractor compliance will improve transparency, efficiency and safety across a businesses entire operation.
Although we all agree excel spreadsheets are a great tool, when it comes to anything outside of accounting we should consider other options. Spreadsheets were not designed to track and monitor competencies or inductions, they are neither automated, cannot generate notifications and they can be difficult to use on mobile devices.
Your solution should be;
- Easy to access - From desktops, laptops and smart devices
- Simple to use - An intuitive, clean and easy to use interface
- Configurable - To meet your business requirements
- Secure - Keep your data safe
- Automated - Follow your business rules
- Generate real time reports - Provide reports on what you need when you need it
- Able to send notifications - Prompt workers / contractors to renew, upload)
At FiNAO we design and build smart, secure, flexible and scaleable cloud solutions that can be customised to our clients requirements. Our solution makes it easy for you to track and manage your entire workforce and ensure the compliance of your contractors. Workers, vehicles and equipment can all be tracked and managed through our secure cloud solution. FiNAO allows you to simply access and view your workers certifications, medicals, safety courses and training from any smart device 24/7. Additionally, you can generate automated reports and notifications to ensure to ensure on-going compliance and competency.
So, what are competencies and inductions?
- Competence is a measure of both proven skills and proven knowledge: "Know who can do it and how well they can do it!"
- A competency is the capability to apply or use the set of related knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform ‘critical work functions’ or tasks in a defined work setting
- Competencies often serve as the basis for skill standards that specify the level of knowledge, skills, and abilities required for success in the workplace as well as potential measurement criteria for assessing competency attainment
- It is therefore important the verification of competencies are documented and maintained against individuals in an organisation - Particularly when the competency was issued and when the competency will expire
- Inductions are an important function that familiarises people with the locations, equipment, materials, processes and tasks they may encounter while working at or visiting a site for the first time
- Inductions will need to reviewed periodically and updated as required
- There are multiple inductions types such as Company, Site and Visitor
- Most inductions should contain an assessment to ensure the required knowledge has been retained by worker
- An induction may be classified as a competency for some organisations
What can FiNAO do for me?
FiNAO allows the competency / induction process to be moved from the current manual process to an efficient and automated online system providing relevant real-time information and reports. FiNAO allows the process to be self managed by employees and contractors with verification and approvals against relevant competencies for the job in hand from any smart device. Furthermore, when integrated with other FiNAO modules the system can ensure that employees and contractors are not sent on projects / work sites or allowed to complete forms (such as site diaries or pre-start forms) without being compliant.
No CURRENT compliancy or induction then no access!
PRIME has a range of options for capturing competencies and inductions against workers;
- Add a company induction for all employees to complete when they are registered in the system
- Add competencies / inductions as a prerequisite for specific worker roles
- Add individual competencies / inductions to a role on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Allow workers to upload relevant documents against competencies / inductions as required (self management)
- All competencies / inductions can be accessed, in real-time, by authorised personnel as required from any desktop, laptop or smart device
- Notifications can be generated should a competency / induction expire providing plenty of time for renewal
- Should a company induction be updated relevant workers would be notified and asked to renew
Reports can be customised to suit your business requirements, such as;
- What competencies have expired
- What competencies will expire in 30, 60 and 90 days
- What workers have one or a combination of competencies / inductions
Reports can be in the form of dashboards or email notifications sent periodically to the responsible person (or to the worker themselves).
The PRiME system currently has 3 x methods of assessment for induction documents;
- Tick a box to acknowledge
- Tick a box and sign
- Type name and sign the screen (and include witness if required)
At FiNAO we design and build smart, secure, flexible and scaleable cloud solutions that can be customised to our clients requirements. So when it comes to managing your workers competencies and inductions consider a FiNAO solution.